Tuesday 26 July 2011

Where do I begin?

I'm getting there honestly, :( these challengers, are sent to try us in life. I kinda gave in, with my other beloved  Fat Lass, as I had big problems with the computer settings, and as some of you will know, computers and I....not a good thing. I do love em though don't get me wrong, I'm just not savy.

How do I quickly tell any new readers, about me and my disability, without boring the pants off you folk that have heard me drone, on endlessly. :) I reckon a Paragraph? A Sentence? When I was 21, (23 years ago) I fell asleep at the wheel of my car, or fainted. I crashed into a double Decker bus, 3 cars, and a parking meter, and lived :) Well I've heard from one medical staff that I didn't, I was resuscitated at the scene, but I ain't seen that written anywhere. I spent 4 months in a Coma, transferred to a young disabled unit, after 3months, to begin the awakening process.

It's no good, I can't do it, sorry folks if you've heard this before.

I stayed in that unit for a further 3months, then I was discharged to HIRC Head Injury Rehab Centre. Which is next door to Zest, where I am a Health Champion, for the Well being Consortium, looked after by the lovely Miriam.

At HIRC I learnt, to walk, talk, read, write and I learnt to be funny again....I think?

Whilst there I married my long term Boy friend, who left me for one of my bezzy mates (boo Hiss's) Oh I forgot we'd got 2 beautiful children, at this point!! So he left me the 'afflicted one!!!' with the kids aged 2 and 6. But thank goodness he did.

But to me living without my ex and bringing the kids up, was 100 times harder, than coping with all the therapy I'd been through. But immediately, I sought help from Adult Social Care, who have helped, me see what I can do and not what I can't.

I told you I was morose at times.

But the light at the end of my tunnel came in the shape of a man called Steve Marsden (CTC). I rode an image crushing mobility scooter, to get the children to school, and I had decided I needed help, because I wanted to swap it for a cycle! (I know I'm going on to those who've 'met' me before, but I feel I have to for you folk who haven't been blessed by my wit and panache!!)

That was 2 years ago, and my little dream of riding to school and back, has taken me to London, Weymouth, York, Buckingham Palace. I've been on TV, Radio, and am even getting a story a wrote about....My Dads Bench....well cycling actually publishedo on October the 17th. So it's been a long School Run, hasn't it?

2 comments:

  1. You'll need to invite guests to visit the archive though... the tales ... the language the jokes

    Good potted history which you should now put a link to so that a new reader can go back to entry No 1 just to have the vaguest idea of what you are really about.

    Oh and you might explain the presence of Steve in your profile picture just in case anyone gets confused which one is you.

    Here' the hansel to the new blog (you can let Dave (if it was he that done it) go home now)

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS Nice subtle plug for the book (Published on October 17th)....

    ReplyDelete